Monday, June 26, 2017

Rolling Stock Updates

I've been working on contemporary items lately. Here's the Walthers BNSF corrugated-side gon from my last post, with tags and conspicuity stripes added:

About 30 years ago a long-gone train shop was closing out Model Power/IHC quad hoppers. These were a Bethlehem Steel prototype from the 1960s and 70s. Walthers did these as kits in the 1990s and recently reissued an upgraded version as a Mainline model. The older cars were done by Mehano, then in Yugoslavia, now Slovenia.

I got a bunch of the Model Power closeout cars and have gradually pulled them out, stripped them, and upgraded them following my usual technique with AHM and similar cars. Here's one I did as C&NW about eight years ago:

Here are the two I'm working on now. They'll be done as NS in current lettering with conspicuity stripes.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the BNSF Gondola!!! Looks it spent some dwelling in a location that the local artists were able to add some color to it.
    I like the Hopper car project you are working on. I picked up a couple of the IHC / Mehano cars a long time ago. Converted to body mounted couplers so far but they still need some work for prime time.

    ReplyDelete