Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Bachmann Work Sheds

Not long ago I ran into a Bachmann kit I hadn't seen before, an HO kit of two boxcar sheds. The price on the Bachmann site is pretty high, but I got it for roughly half that at an on line retailer. I assembled both of mine but painted them differently:
I'll need to weather the red one a little more, but the buff one is in place where it will go on the Malabar extension. The kits have various other detail parts, but I think those are a little klunky, and I'll eventually replace them with better details from other sources.

I think these are nice kits in the spirit of the Revell plastic structures from the 1950s.

2 comments:

  1. Those sheds came out very nice and add some good visual interest to the Malabar scene. They remind me of the Revell / AHM work train cars from years ago. I have an old Model Power wood reefer that's been sitting in purgatory for 25 years. It would be perfect for this type of structure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking work structures. I’m with John, they remind me of the old Revell kits from back in the day. They look like great trackside additions to the layout!

    ReplyDelete