Sunday, June 7, 2020

Ore In The Malabar District

I posted a few weeks ago on An Atlas/Kato GM&O RS-1 that I'd had in pieces while I reassembled it with replacement parts I scrounged on eBay. Here it is completed, with DCC installed:
I assigned it to the Malabar District, the section of my layout that's made up of two connected micro layouts. It's running in quite well with its replacement pieces in the drive train:
I've been inserting ore cars into the operation in the Malabar District:
I added an ore tipple to the "industry" at the end of the district:
I kitbashed this from the rock bunker that comes with the Walthers New River Mine kit. This provides me with at least one spot for an ore car in regular operation. In the 1970s, the Chicago & North Western acquired several dozen ore cars from the Bessemer & Lake Erie. These couldn't be used on the upper Great Lakes ore docks, but they were used in all-rail service from Northern Michigan to East St Louis. The AHM ore cars are models of the B&LE cars, so they can be used for these. I relettered several with Circus City C&NW ore car decals:

No comments:

Post a Comment