Sunday, August 2, 2020

More Paper Buildings

I was studying more of the collection of photos I've downloaded from the web of George Sellios's F&SM, and several things have struck me. One is that he isn't afraid to work from paper and images printed out from the web. Another is that he isn't afraid to move buildings around, revise them, or kitbash them with other of his buildings.

Here is a project inspired by a similar building at Fillmore n the F&SM. I started with a Gold Medal Flour ghost sign image from the web and glued it to a basic shape made from foamcore.

I added other images and textures from the web to the ends and roof.
However, I left the far side blank, at least for now.
I will probably add details and other features as time goes on, but the whole thing will probably be fanciful a la Sellios, but also subject to change and moving around.

I found a blog by another model railroader who likes paper buildings off the web. He posted a sheet you can download that builds a decrepit leaning shed. I printed the sheet on photo paper and built a model on a basic form made from oamcore.

Both buildings are sited for now in my emerging city project, which will likely owe something to the F&SM.
Where things will go, exactly, is subject to change, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment