Sunday, March 28, 2021

Advantages Of T-Trak For Home Layouts

I'm beginning the process of reconguring my T-Trak modules for the expansion I talked about in my last post. As part of it, a module based on the Springfield. MA Amtrak station is moving from a shelf to active use on the expanded layout:
I began to realize this is a result of the thinking I've done in taking the T-Trak idea to develop a portable and configurable layout. The idea started as a very basic staging module built on white foam using extra pieces of Unitrack:
Then I thought it might be intereting to add features like the Springfield Amtrak station:
I finished one baggage elevator like those in Springrield.
I began thinking about building flats as background and using it on a shelf as a photo background:
But then I decided I miht as wel turn the thing into a full module and ordered a half-depth dobule-side kit:
And began building a full scenic development, eventually with lights.
The point of this is that the basic T-Trak idea encourages things like prototyping on a very manageable scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment