Sunday, June 20, 2021

Finishing The Cotton Seed Car Repaint

Two weeks ago I posted on repainting an E&C Shlops wood chip car for a contemporary MWCX cotton seed car. The only MWCX decals that aren't all italic style are from Smokebox Graphics. These aren't a perfect match and I think are also too small, and they're also just hard to work with. The result, after quite a lot of struggle, isn't as straight as I would have liked.
I added COTS stencils from another Smokebox Graphics set, conspicuity stripes from Smokebox Graphics, and graffiti from Circus City Decals. I'll probably add more rust spots and dings to distract more from the crooked lettering, although prototype photos show the lettering isn't 100% straight.

A much easier project was an Athearn "primed for grime" boxcar with Circus City decals added.

These models seem to be extremely popular and are hard to find. With tags added, they come off as exactly what you see lineside:

No comments:

Post a Comment