Sunday, November 21, 2021

Moving Forward With Just Plug Lights

In an earlier post, I said it was a priority to add Woodland Scenics light distributing window film and a stick-on LED to the interior of the First National Bank on Lake St in Zenith, and I've done so:
Actually, I haven't done much to spruce this part of my layout up for 25 years or so, so adding lights to a lot more buildings, and rearranging a few, will now be part of a more general upgrade.

I also added light distributing window film and stick on LEDs to the interiors of a Bachmann Lackawanna concrete signal tower and a Downtown Deco Downtown Overlook Hotel in West Zenith. Lights in the station to the right will be another upgrade. This had incandescent lights installed 25 years ago, but these have either burned out or the solder connections came loose, and I may as well just replace them with more state of the art items.

I didn't notice until I uploaded this photo that light is bleeding through the "concrete" above the second floor windows in the tower. This should be easy enough to touch up. Another example of why it's good to photograph your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment