Sunday, April 17, 2022

Rolling Stock Projects

I was making a stab at cleaning off my workspace and got througbh a backlog of rolling stock projects. The first is a brand new Accurail Canadian Pacific boxcar with a newsprinit service shield. I was delighted to see this, as when I spent time along the Connecticut River in the 1960s, I would see CP trains headed to White River Junction with dozens of these cars.
The second is a ScaleTrains Havelock gon kit. Unlike its ready-to-run products, the ScaleTrains site has very little information on the prototypes for these cars. It looks like only the Burlington and BN roadnames are correct, but N&W did have some cars more of less like these. This one will still need a COTS stencil and ACI label. I actually don't recommend this kit; the fit of the parts is difficult, and the paint isn't great.
A Walthers Mainline NS hopper with Smokebox Graphics conspicuity stripes. I checked the web, and these cars are still around with these stripes, but no two have them applied the same way.
A Walthers Mainline Railgon restenciled for the Seaboard System. Again, after 40 years, these cars still have the original paint and SBD patch, now with conspicuity stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment