Sunday, December 11, 2022

Back To Scenery On The HO Layout

Over the past week I returned to some overdue scenery work on my main HO layout. I'd built a Bar Mills Bull's Salvage kit and surrounded it with additional junk piles from assorted manufacturers, but I'd left the scenery behind it half done. Not long ago, I picked up a pack of Woodland Scenics Ready Rocks, not quite having an idea of what I'd use them for. I've long since finished most of the rockwork on my layout, but Ready Rocks are useful for smaller areas, since they avoid the trouble and mess of mixing plaster, pouring it into molds, and coloring the castings.
I bulked up the cardboard lattice, which I'd already started for hardshell, and clamped a Ready Rocks Shelf Rock casting directly to it, using silicone calk to glue things together. I'll add more cardboard lattice and probably another Ready Rocks casting to the right, and then I'll finish around the edges of the castings with plaster cloth covered with Sculptamold.

No comments:

Post a Comment