Saturday, March 16, 2019

PCCM 59L Part 3

This post will cover part 1 of the inbound virtual operations traffic to the LF&NW for Movement 59 -- today's part will be the California shipments. Tomorrow I'll cover the shipments that interchange via Zenith. I made a few changes to the traffic John R sent me from the New York Central. He had the Hoschton Railway boxcar coming from Gallo Wine to a wine company in Carpinteria, CA, but this isn't on my layout, and I'm not sure how I would route it there. As a result, I'm routing it in this session as an empty to the Jaques team track to be loaded with boxed wine from the Jaques vintners co-op.

John also sent me PRR X29 9553 carrying carpet to City of Industry, CA. Again, since that's not on my layout, I'm not sure how to route it, and for now, since I've posted a list of industries on my layout, I'm going to stick with on-layout destinations, at least until I get a little more sophisticated with this thing. So PRR 9553 will also be routed to the Jaques team track and be interchanged via Reiden Lake. As we've discussed, Reiden Lake is where people cross over into the alternate universe on the TV show Fringe. I really need to have Massive Dynamic as an industry on my layout, come to think of it.

So here is the WP local bringing in the interchange from Reiden Lake:

The local pulls forward past the interchange with the alternate universe onto the main line at 14th Street in Bay City:

Then it shoves back on the main to Jaques:

And finally seesaws back to the Sunkist runner, part of which serves as the Jaques team track when needed:

3 comments:

  1. To: Reiden Lake / West Mill / Elkhart / Rock Ridge
    From: Terminal Yard

    Acknowledge arrival of PRR & HRC boxcars at Jacques with altered loads and destinations in a possibly altered universe.😉

    Nice job John! WP Geeps looked sharp rolling thru the nice looking scenes in this area of your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those WP Geeps are so sharp looking! I like the ivy foliage climbing up the structure in your 9th pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To: Zenith
    To: West Mill
    To: Elkhart
    To: Terminal Yard

    From: Rock Ridge

    Acknowledgement - Freight arriving from the east & midwest to the California area.

    Rock Ridge Yard Out!

    Nice work on bringing in the freight. Your scenery and details on the layout are to be admired! Load up that HRC box car with some of that great California wine and send it east!

    ReplyDelete