Thursday, June 27, 2019

Activity Resumes On My Copper River And Northwestern Blog

For a few months in 2016, I maintained a blog on one of my favorite railroads, the Copper River and Northwestern Railroad, which ran in Alaska between 1911 and 1938. I left it up, but I stopped adding entries, because I thought I'd pretty much exhausted the material I could find on the web.

Since then, a couple of visitors have pointed me to additional material, and I've begun adding entries again. This is a railroad that might have sprung from the imagination of John Allen, although it's probably correct to say it did spring from the mind of J Pierpont Morgan in his final years, when in fact he was suffering from dementia and making poor business judgments. Following Morgan's death in 1913, his son tried unsuccessfully to unload it on the government.

But it's the sort of thing that modelers could even do in On30. The blog is here.

1 comment: