Sunday, June 9, 2019

Chicago Progress

People who know Chicago recognize it's a multi-level city. The downtown area was raised in the 19th century to get it above floods, but there are still areas that are at the original level. Then the city undertook a masive program to eliminate many railroad grade crossings in the 1900s through the 1930s, so that many rail lines are elevated through the city, with bridges crossing the city streets. On a visit several years ago, I took a camera along and grabbed shots of overpasses and fills as I drove on various errands.
I have one T-TRAK module where I'm working on a version of the Chicago grade separation. I've at least got the retaining wall and a bridge over a street completed:
In particular, I need to add a center support under the bridge similar to what's in two of the photos, as well as various billboards, street signs, and sidewalk furniture. And I need to keep working on city buildings.

1 comment:

  1. From Hell Gate Bridge to Chicago!!! I'm really liking these N scale T Trak projects! Good luck adding in the Windy City scenes!

    ReplyDelete