Sunday, July 28, 2019

Good Weather

I didn't get too much real-world railfanning done earlier this year due to the weather, but this summer has turned out much better. One day not long ago, I got out to Commerce, where the Metrolink platform is one of the most underrated railfan spots in the area. Here's a pair of gensets pulling a cut of double-stacks out of Hobart Yard:
And just the other day, I got out to Cajon Pass in absolutely beautiful weather. BNSF had The Usual. Here's a ubiquitous Gevo on an intermodal:
Although I've got a lot of the rewiring project done, as it turns out, basement time is still going into electrical projects. I got into a groove, and while I'm in it, I may as well keep working. Here's a new Frog Juicer being installed to power frogs on some track that's been laid for several years but is only now coming into service:
And putting some signals into service that I've had on the to-do list.
The sooner I can work through all this, the better.

3 comments:

  1. That's a wiring challenge! Hope you have it marked so you can trace it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck keeping the momentum going for the wiring project. Great weather leads to great rail fan photos. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I'm not a Genset fan, but it's a shame to see one that's been tagged by vandals.

    ReplyDelete