Sunday, July 7, 2019

Updates

With the wiring issues heading toward resolution, normal operations on the LF&NW have resumed with JMRI switchlist, and I've had a chance to take some pictures. The first is the finished Walthers Parkview apartments that I mentioned last week:
This looks like it will be a good view block as I work to make more progress in this area. Next is an Atlas C420 in the Long Island bicentennial scheme:
And this inspired me to finish something that had been on my to-do list for a long time, a Con Cor gon that was painted in the Long Island MTA scheme by a third-party painter:
Here's a Walthers Thrall gon with a very nice Conrail paint job. Checking photos on the web, I see that CR lettered gons have lasted to have post-2005 reflective conspicuity stripes applied, but most have lost their can opener monograms. I weathered this one to look as if it's still in NS service.
Finally, after some struggle with vendors, I was able to locate a Walthers Bangor and Aroostook GP9 at a decent price. I added an ESU LokPilot 21-pin decoder, and it runs very well:
I have an older run Atlas GP7 that matches speed with it very well -- I just had to up the starting voltage of the Atlas slightly.
The variations on the cab color are prototypical. The exact paint on each loco in this late scheme seems to have varied, including which had silver trucks and/or fuel tanks.

1 comment:

  1. I like the looks of the apartment complexes along the right of way. A definite east coast and Amtrak ROW look. Amtrak and LIRR units look great as do the new BAR units. Glad you were able to finally secure the second unit. Rolling stock also looking real good.

    ReplyDelete