Sunday, September 15, 2019

A Few Amtrak N Newbies

F40s are some of my favorite locos, and I've probably ridden behind more F40s than any other, on Amtrak and METRA. I've extended my Amtrak timeline back as far as Phase III F40s on my N T-Trak modules. Here's a Kato Amtrak 330 that I recently picked up:
Here are a few shots of prototypes I found while railfanning back in the day:
I got one of the new Kato Viewliner II baggage cars. I normally don't install lighting in baggage cars, but I noticed on some YouTubes that these cars seem to have their lights normally lit, so I installed a lighting kit in this one. I may need to rethink this on other Amtrak baggage cars:
To match my F40s' era, I got some Kato Phase III Amfleet IIs. At this point, I can mix Phase III Amfleet IIs with Phase IVb Amfleet Is and get at least one credible c 1995 train, Amtrak 42-43, the Pennsylvanian. With a Phase III baggage, I can also mix a 448-449, the Boston Lake Shore.
I really like lighting effects in both N and HO and am doing more with them on both layouts.

1 comment:

  1. Always a fan of the F40 myself. Nice photos of the prototype. The Kato is a good looking model as are the baggage and Amfleet cars. The light effects work nice in the baggage car.

    ReplyDelete