Sunday, February 23, 2020

Scenery Work In Malabar

This past week I got caught up finishing some scenery work in Malabar. I hadn't been completely sure just what part of the country it should represent, but I realized I'd always been inspired by parts of central California nd the Intermountain West, so I started looking in particular at railfan shots along the Utah Railway. Here's the tunnel portal area now, with semi-arid scenery and chaparral:
Here's a California style barn with a US Forest Service brush pumper running past it:
Here's the town and yard area in Malabar:
The station is a urethane kit from SS Ltd of a Rock Island style box car depot.

I still have to pave the roads and add a lot of other details, but I'm happy with these test shots.

1 comment:

  1. The new Malabar scenes look great. So does that Utah Railway RSD unit!! Keep up with the momentum, Malabar is looking mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete