Sunday, July 28, 2024

Kato Mytram Classic European Trams

I ordered a set of the newish Kato Mytram Classic N scale European-style tram cars, which consists of a powered car and a trailer as used on the prototypes. These were a style used in many places, especially in the German-speaking countries, from the 1930s to the 1950s. The set I ordered was red and white, which is the color of Vienna trams. I rode these many years ago as a traveling student.

These can be found on eBay in the $50-$60 range. I ordered mine from Japan with free shipping, and it arrived in less than a week. It has the same mechanism as the Kato steeplecab I posted about here a couople of months ago. It runs smoothly and reliably, and it could be converted to DCC the same way as the steeplecab.

Here are some photos operating on the N scale trolley-style layout I'm building on a pair of double-wide T-TRAK modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment