Tuesday, December 13, 2016

T-Track 1.0

I've completed tracklaying and electrical/DCC work on the first four T-Track modules in this project. Some debugging remains to be done, but at this point, operations are reliable, and I'm starting scenery work. Here's a video of the current status:


The section of scenery-in-progress shown on my video is inspired by the Empire Connection, Amtrak's route on the west side of Manhattan. Here's a video (not mine) that will give an idea of what I'm aiming at:

My main focus on this layout will be Amtrak passenger and modern commuter operation. The plan will let me run push-pull trains in particular, at the moment with Kato Metra equipment, but in the near future using Amfleet sets with P42s on each end.

I took these videos in slightly dark conditions to show the lighting effects, which I like.

1 comment:

  1. Nice progress John! Motive power and rolling stock running very nicely, especially the push pull consist!

    ReplyDelete