Monday, June 5, 2017

Yard Job YZ222

With the rewiring project 90% complete, I'm taking up operation again. With my new phone, I also added another twist. Here's the switchlist that JMRI Operations generated for the job:

Track 1 is a mainline track that through and transfer freights use to set out and pick up blocks for Zenith Yard. Track 3 is a yard track that handles the blocks. YZ222 is a pretty simple job that mostly swaps the blocks from Track 1 to Track 3 and vice versa. I decided it would be a good way to ease back into operation.

But I also figured out how to send the JMRI switchlist to my phone:

This, at least for me, makes it a lot more convenient to refer to the switchlist. An 8-1/2 x 11 page gets in the way. (I never ever used car cards, which are even worse.)

Here are some interesting cars in the job:

I also got to test the speed-matched Bachmann and Atlas GP7s on this sort of slow-speed switching work. They worked out very well and mean I have a formula for mixing Bachmann and Atlas locos in regular operation.

3 comments:

  1. Zenith Yard is back in operation! I like that name by the way. Excellent post showcasing your JMRI printout on your phone and some cool looking rolling stock like the V&O car. That ICG hopper is really an eye catcher as well. And the NYC Geep to top it off! Nicely done John!

    ReplyDelete