Friday, November 3, 2017

Testing New Power

I got some new heavy power recently. The DM&IR has always been one of my favorites, and Broadway Limited has issued a new run of RSD-15s:

Actually modeling the DM&IR can be a problem unless you have a whole layout focused on ore operation, which I don't. The scenery in the area is pretty unique, but the lineside detail is easily recognizable, so parts of any layout can suggest the DM&IR.

This part of my layout, the Bay City-Jaques area, is less finished, but I've been doing test runs of the RSD-15 through it to be sure it does OK on the curved switches. This will be the closest to DM&IR territory on the layout.

I also tested the RSD-15 and the new Bachmann CP SD40-2 on the Walthers bascule bridge:

1 comment:

  1. Perfect title. That Alco RSD15 is certainly big power. Didn't realize how vivid the colors were having only seen these units in black and white. Nice looking engine with lots of details. If it runs half as good as it looks it'll pull your car out of your garage! I like that Bascule bridge!

    ReplyDelete