Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Couple Of Very Different YouTube Channels

Considering the possibilities available with Kato Unitrack in N, as well as Kato N equipment covering the contemporary passenger scene, I'm surprised there's so little on these subjects on YouTube. But there are two exceptions.

One is Roy Smith's N-Scale Union Pacific Evanston Subdivision YouTube channel. What I like in particular is that Roy updates his channel at least once a week. The episodes are well shot, intresting, and done with a script, which a lot of modelers don't do. Here's an example:

Roy is a friendly guy. He lives in Panama, which leads to some interesting problems for his modeling, but his layout is an inspiration.

Another YouTube channel I found recently is very different, but this guy is clearly having fun:

This guy has a lot of well-shot prototype scenes as well, and he also likes airliners. I spent the last part of my working career doing heavy traveling -- at one point, I commuted from Los Angeles to Connecticut -- so I identify airliners with a certain amount of suffering. But even the die cast airliner models he shows look like you could find a way to include them on a layout.

Both channels are inspiring as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment