Sunday, July 12, 2020

Finishing The Paper Container Stacks

I finished the paper container stacks that I began in the last post. I decided to aggregate them with the background flats that had previously been behind the Department of Docks complex into a single unit, I found an image of stacked container ends on the web, resized it to HO, mounted it on a backing piece that I made pretty robust to prevent warping, and formed everything into a 90-degree corner.
I left it overnight to dry standing on end so I could be sure it would be a single, rigid piece.

When it was completely dry, I moved the unit to its place behind the Department of Docks. What I like is that it fills the background spot, but it doesn't call attention to itself, even though it helps establish atmosphere. It fills the corner and partly deflects attention from the ventilation duct that's behind everything.

I wouldn't rule out finding more images of stacked containers on the web, resizing them as needed, and adding them as an even higher backdrop behind the ones in the corner, to further deflect attention from the vntilationduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment