Sunday, November 29, 2020

Installing The Bachmann Interlocking Tower

I received the Badhmann Lackawanna interlocking tower I ordered. The first thing I did was repaint the tiles on the roof a terra cotta green, which amny of the prototypes seemed to be:
Here's a prototype photo I found on the web that gives some idea of the roof color, as well as the actual concrete color:
It looks like I'm going to have to find some Aged Concrete paint and see what I can do to dry-bruh it to enhance the color.

In this post a few eeeks ago, I talked about prepping a scenery area in West Zenith for placing the new concrete interlocking tower.

Once I'd installed it, I tried out a couple of new photo angles on the layout that would feature it:

I'd wound up leveling half of a small hill, which was a blah scenic area with no particular interest to it. By creating a new point of interest in the tower, I think I've perked up a new part of the layout. I have to level up the tower, dirt it in, and reinstall trees and ground cover in the overall area.

No comments:

Post a Comment