Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Little More Progress On The Richmond Main Street Station

I installed terminal strips and an NCE Illuminator under the baseboard of the T-Trak module and laid a fuil-length strip of Unitrack temporarily along the plaform. I connected this to the main T-Trak modules and made a first test run of a train under power onto the Main St module:
I was delighted that all the Just Plug LEDs worked when I hooked them and the Illuminator up, as their wiring is buried deep in the foamcore shell of the train shed, and they'd have been very difficult to replace.

I was a little surprised that the train shed roof looks so high above the track now that it's been put in place. However, I checked some of my photos, and it does seem to be roughly correct, at least:

I did work directly in N scale from published plans for the train shed on the web, so this may just be a feature of the camera angle. I'm encouraged enough to resume scaling and printing out photos of individual parts of the station structure to glue to the foamcore base.

No comments:

Post a Comment