Sunday, August 1, 2021

Some N Work

I was installing light kits in some Kato Amfleets and decided to experiment with painting the molded seats in the interiors. I haven't ridden Amfleets in quite some time, and they've been rebuilt since then. The new upholstery is a shade of light gray. I used a brush to paint the interior seats Model Master acrylic reefer gray.
Here is the result with the plexiglass light bar installed in the body and the body reassembled to the chassis, with power applied:
For contrast, here's an Amfleet II with the original plastic interior color:
I've been working on a Bar Mills N Jeffries Point building. This is based on a well-known and much-photographed building on George Sellios's Franklin & South Manchester. Here's a copy I found on the web, not my photo:
This is definitely one of their advanced-level kits. I wound up getting the four walls and roof assembled, with the basic windows and doors added. Then I took a long break. This past week I finished adding the basic exterior trim. There's still. a good way to go with loading platforms, awnings, porches, and steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment