Sunday, January 9, 2022

Scenery Work

Thanks to a gift card, I'm almost finished with a scenery project that's developed by fits and starts for about six years, a big geologic feature that extends above eye level and covers a support column, some electrical conduit, and some sewer pipes that my layout dodges at the high and low points of the main line. The low point is CP Drains, named for Drains on John Allen's G&D, which was the low point on that layout. The high point is behind the rockwork in the Moffat Tunnel.

Most of the rockwork visible is Woodland Scenics Ready Rock. In the past, I've cast and colored my own rockwork from flexible molds, but more recently I've found Ready Rocks, if more expensive, still cost effective in terms of time and effort. I attach them to plaster cloth hardshell using whatever method works, spackle, Sculptamold, silicone caulk, or Woodland Scenics Scenic Cement.

I plan to finish the scene with talus and other touchup work and fill gaps with some smaller-size Ready Rocks, plus Woodland Scenics Clump Foliage.

Below are a few earlier progress shots of this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment