Sunday, March 6, 2022

DPM Town House Block With New Just Plug Lighting

I assembled a set of three DPM town houses maybe 35 years ago -- you can see them in the center of the photo below, taken on my current layout's first incarnation at a former home. They're actually in just about the same place on the benchwork now as they were then.
At the time, I installed incandescent bulbs in at least two of them and even had a scratchbuilt interior in one of them. Over the years, I upgraded the models, most recently by adding a Roomettes interior with Just Plug LEDs to another. I finally got around to installing Just Plug LEDs in all three and Woodland Scenics light diffusing window film where no interior detail was visible. Here's the current status:
The photos have some glitches, like the radio repair shop sign out of alignment in the first photo just above, but this is in the context of taking photos to check my work. I'm generally happy with how this project is turning out, and I'm going to continue addinng Just Plug lights to the rest of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment