Sunday, July 31, 2022

Atlas Conrail GP40

Working through my backlog of projects, I ran across an Atlas GP40 painted for Conrail but with no number. I got this knowing that by the early 1980s, Conrail sold off a number of ex PC GP40s that had come off lease, and they sometimes went to new owners in original Conrail paint. These included both Guilford and the Katy. The result was patch jobs that left the Conrail paint more or less intact. I had my mind made up that at some point I was going to do this in a patch for either one, but I never came to a final decision.

But just lately I discovered that Circus City Decals put out a set for exactly these locos, plus other Katy patch jobs of that period.

This is set 87-06. Here is my Atlas Conrail GP40 with the decals applied:
The loco is still waiting for couplers and a decoder. I see that for final assembly, I still need to work on a slight gap under the cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment