Sunday, May 7, 2023

Second Try At A Detachable Stage

Back in 2021, I posted on a project to add a detachable stage to one corner of my home T-Trak layout. This started as a scrap piece of white foam that I layered up to match the surface of a T-TRAK module, which would connect to tracks on the module itself. (Of course, this is completely not kosher as far as T-TRAK standards are concerned, it's meant entirely for personal use.)
This gradually morphed into something that reminded me of the Amtrak Springfield, MA station:
Eventually it became a victim of its own success, and I rebuilt it into a full-fledged T-TRAK module that could be fit into the main line. I removed the track and scenery from the foam, remounted them onto a standard module, and discarded the foam, proceeding with the idea of doing more of a Springfield station:
But this eventually left me with the idea that I could still build another stage on some foam. I had a package of Woodland Scenics 1/4" foam handy, so I made up another base, this one slightly larger than the first one, and I'm in the process of roughing in a new stage, this one that at least will be something other than Springfield, MA, but Amtrak has a lot of intriguing operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment