Sunday, October 11, 2020

Finishing A Building Flat Kitbash

I ordered several more Trackside Flats building fronts, which I finished off with roarward extensions from foamcore that made them low-relief buildings rather than just flats:
The tallest one was already warping when it arrived, which shows how useful it is to add the extensions. I had had a Bar Mills mioltiple-panel billboard kicking around for some years, but I was never sure what to do with it. But this past week, I found this photo on Facebook:
A lightbulb switched on in my head -- I realized I had a King Mill low-relief building that in itself wasn't very interesting -- it was a row of back-alley buildings with boarded up windows, to which I had added roof materials. But it was a perfect surface to take my Bar Mills billboards:
At that point, a more complete plan began to come together. I built a stepped base from foamcore and sprayed it with Scalecoat Grime from a rattle can
I put the King Mill-Bar Mills kitbash on the lower level and backed it up with two Trackside Flats buildings on the upper level, plus one I'd scratchbuilt from a flat I'd downloaded from Facebook:
Here is the rear view:
And here we see the total width, 3-1/2 inches:
I'll mount it on the layout when the glue is completely dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment