Sunday, October 25, 2020

More Scenery Progress

The tobacco barn kit I started work on in my last post has turned out to be more intricate than I had previously thought, but I've made good progress on it. While the detail level, and the effort needed to complete it, is fairly high, it turns out that since this will be in a foreground area, the extra work will be worth it. I finished adding the mortar to the brick foundation and fire pit, but I sill need to add the door, lean-to roof, and roofing.
The last photo gives an idea of the context for the whole scene. It's going to need a lot more trees and shrubbery, but the basic ground form is now complete. I have a number of CSX, Western Maryland, and Norfolk and Western videos I can use for inspiration to finish the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment