Sunday, October 16, 2022

More Progress On The "Rolling Bridge"

As I said in my last post, I intend to mount my AHM drawbridge in a single-wide T-TRAK module that's single track but otherwise follows T-TRAK architecture. As it happens, the bridge floor and track that come with the kit, when spliced onto a section of 2-1/2 inch long Unitrack at each end, will just about exactly fit onto a standard single-wide T-TRAK module with roughly 1 mm left over on either end. I wound up shortening one of the Unitrack sections by about 1/16 inch with a cutting disk in a Dremel. I substituted Atlas N rail joiners for the Kato Unijoiners on the ends facing the bridge and soldered everything together.
Then I attached the track assembly to the bridge with CA glue.
And then I mounted that assembly to the kit base, which I had earlier cut down in anticipation of mounting it to a T-TRAK module.
I decided the Kato-Woodland Scenics T-TRAK module kit was the best candidate, since fitting the bridge assembly to the module would be a trial and error process, and foam would be the easiest material to work with. I wound up having to cut more material off the AHM kit base to get everything to fit, but it all worked out in the end. The track is fastened to the foam base witha mix of silicone caulk and the foam adhesive supplied with the module kit.
I still need to pack scrap material around the bridge base to straighten everything out and keep it rigid.

1 comment:

  1. John, that looks very nice and you did a great job making it work for your module.

    ReplyDelete