Sunday, October 23, 2022

Scenery Work On The "Rolling Bridge" Module

The Woodland Scenics T-TRAK module kit includes a section of their Shaper Sheet for the scenery. This is just enough to cover the scenic area of the module. I studied the instructions and decided I could use it as intended to create a stream bed under the bridge into which I can eventually add scenic water. I cut out approximately sized pieces with scissors, used a ruler to help bend the sheet to shape the channel, tested it against the module, and cut the pieeces to final size.

I attached the pieces to the sides of the module with silicone caulk held down with the foam pins provided with the module kit.

Then I connected the module as I'd brought it so far to a temporary T-TRAK compatible layout with power so I could test things out.
I got a chepo foam cutter off eBay to cut the shape of the channel into the front and back of the module to match the shape of the channel in the Shaper Sheet.
I'll fill in the various gaps with Sculptamold, sand things smooth, and add a finishing layer of the Shaper Sheet plaster included with the module kit.
The Woodland Scenics T-TRAK module kit is more expensive than ordinary wood module kits from other sources, but it includes track and scenery material that aren't in those kits, and it's the easiest option for adding something like a stream channel below track level.

No comments:

Post a Comment