Sunday, October 30, 2022

Up To Hard Shell On The Rolling Bridge Module

The Kato/Woodland Scenics T-TRAK module kit includes materials for a whole scenic system, including what they call Shaper Sheet, with Woodland Scenics plaster to finish it off. It was interesting to try this method. The photo below shows recesses cut in the foam front and back to accommodate the channel, with Shaper Sheet fitted and cut for the basic scenic contours.
Then I used Sculptamold to fill in all the gaps so the plaster wouldn't leak through when I applied it.
Finally I mixed the plaster according to the kit instructions and applied it to the Shaper Sheet and Sculptamold. I used masking tape around the track and bridge while I did this.
The result is classic hard shell. The next steps will be to sand the plaster smooth and clean things up a little more, and then add color to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment