Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Couple Of Cabooses

I keep an eye on Walthers sale items, which they make known either via the flyer that comes through the mail or on their website. I can often find bargains, especially for railroads that aren't directly in my sights, but which I follow with some level of interest. Both of the cabooses here are Walthers RTR items that came from the Walthers flyer over the past several years. They aren't perfect models of their prototypes, but they're "cose enough" for the $20 range in which I got them.

A Bessemer & Lake Erie car, with a diesel-style sunshade added per the prototype, as well as an ACI label:

A Missouri Pacific ex-C&EI caboose. I painted the truck sideframes red, which was MP practice, and added an ACI label:

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on the Cabooses John! The red trucks on the Mopac unit look great and add a nice touch of prototype practice. The B&LE with the added sun shad is another nice prototypical touch and will look nice bringing up the markers on your B&LE ore cars. The ACI labels look good on the cars and help define the period. I note seats in the cabooses. Were these included or did you add them as well?

    ReplyDelete