Friday, September 4, 2015

Behind The Manhattan Transfer Roundhouse -- I

I'm moving beyond early memories, though I have others that I'll probably get back to later. But this week I've been working on the area around the Manhattan Transfer roundhouse. This was actually an afterthought, as in fact was the whole Manhattan Transfer terminal area (which is not based on the former Pennsylvania Railroad location, for what that's worth). The roundhouse is a Kibri plastic kit of a German prototype:

although it's very similar to many 19th-century roundhouses built in the US. For instance:

The area behind my roundhouse is something I've never been ready to finalize. Here's its current state:

The carbodies were meant to be kitbashed into something like a former SP structure that I found in 1996 in Suisun-Fairfield, CA:

There was another feature I had in the area, using decals from Bollinger Edgerly, a Boston and Maine reefer prototype from Boston's North Station:

The carbodiea will go, but the ice storage reefer will stay. I'll try to find someplace else to use the carbodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment