Thursday, October 15, 2015

JC Models -- PRR

JC Models made the most kits for PRR, although in addition to New York Central, they had a Pullman 12-1 sleeper and a Hall Pullman sleeper-observation used on PRR trains, as well as a Norfolk & Western coach and combine. (I have these in work in various stages).

Here is a PRR B60 I did in the 1970s:

A BM70ka baggage-RPO with keystone Models PRR 6-wheel trucks:

A PB70 with paint and details c 1946:

Here is a modified BM70 that had a streamlined roof as a kit. I added a milled wood streamline floor with skirts as well. A friend and one of the memorable characters among PRR fans, the late Hugh Debberthine, brought out a set of PRR "Fleet of Modernism" decals, which I used for this car:

A P70 with details and paint c 1946:

A modernized P70 with lettering c 1955, restored from a swap meet car:

1 comment:

  1. John I'll say it again. Beautiful work! The cars each look superb. Well done and thanks for sharing! I never heard of JC models until you posted about them.

    ReplyDelete