Monday, April 4, 2016

The Woods Line -- II

Here is the log reload area as it looked before I began any work on it:

I then began blocking it up with pieces of foam and Sculptamold filler:

I shimmed the track up to level with a piece of corrugated cardboard:

Then I spiked in some individual ties and linked the rail from the trestle to a piece of code 70 flex track:

And finally ran in a loco to test the track:

Then I turned to the area near the engine house where I planned to install a skid shack-style sandhouse I scratchbuilt from a logging plan book:

I have another skid shack I built from a Builders in Scale kit:

The one I scratchbuilt is similar but bigger, and I added posts so I could level it against the hillside:

Next step will be to dirt the sandhouse in and bring more vegetation into the area.

1 comment:

  1. Real nice work John! You continue to exhibit excellent modeling ideas and skills. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete