Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Woods Line -- III

Here is the skid shack sandhouse with a little more scenery brought up around it:

But then I pulled out a Thomas Yorke loco oil facility kit that had been hiding in my stash for 30 years at least. I assembled it and installed it in what looked like a likely spot:

About the closest prototype area where I can find inspiration for this kind of scene is the Sierra Railroad roundhouse and museum area in Jamestown, CA, which is still the best part of a day's drive. But here's a similar setup, attached directly to a tank car:

I also added some freight car wheels to the scenery next to the enginehouse:

The biggest thing I still need to do is cover the switch machine with some sort of shed. I'm thinking about this. Here are some other shots from Jamestown that might help with inspiration:

I'll probably let this simmer and move to another project area.

No comments:

Post a Comment