Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Walthers Plymouth Announcement And Very Small Locos

I noticed on a couple of forums this morning that Walthers has announced a Plymouth ML-8 in its HO Mainline brand. As I've said here before, I have more small locos than I should and the new Walthers Plymouth will not be an automatic sale. But it's interesting nonetheless. There are a couple of ML-8s extant; here's a Youtube video.

A couple of common carrier short lines had small Plymouths, including the Stewartstown Railroad in Pennsylvania with an ML-8.

Here's a different (model unknown) and even smaller Plymouth I found on the web, lettered for the Hanover Railway, which as far as I can determine ran from 1906 to 1934 from Hanover to North Hanover, IL:

The puzzling thing is that I see so few layouts that make good use of such small models. They're perfect for micros, it seems to me, but despite the late Carl Arendt's site, I can find very few that turn my crank. I need to give this more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment