Monday, February 26, 2018

Scenery Work

I'm continuing work at CP Drains and Tunnel 6. After staring at this unfinished area for 25 years
I decided to bite the bullet and fill in the gap that the electrical conduit was peeking through.
I broke up some scraps of beadboard and stuck them in the opening with Liquid Nails for Projects:
When it had dried overnight, I took a piece of something called Dragon Skin -- it's sort of like flexible metal cheese grater material -- and smoothed the insert over.
I cleaned up the debris with a shop vac.
Using the same Liquid Nails for Projects, I replaced the urethane culverts on either side of the roadbed.
I covered the shaped beadboard with Woodland Scenics plaster cloth:
Here's a track cleaning train running through the scene. The consist, a UP SD60, 3GS21B, and SD60M, is very prototypical for my area.
The SD60 and SD60M both have Digitrax Xtenders installed, which allows them to move over 12-18 inches of dirty track and is an excellent feature for track cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Never too late! As a modeler who has made changes to an existing layout more than once I applaud your scenic efforts!

    ReplyDelete