Sunday, July 8, 2018

Disaster Recovery!

The hard drive in my computer died yesterday, which means it's dead and needs replacement. One thing I used to do for a living was IT disaster recovery planning, so I knew the value of good backups, and I'll be able to restore my files except for the most recent dozen or so photos from my camera, which didn't get picked up before things went dark. Unfortunately, those were the ones I hoped to post on today!

I did get a couple photos on my cell phone that I can use as a stopgap, as well as one that did get picked up on backup. I used my wife's laptop to get back on Blogger and make a post.

So I got a new concrete tunnel portal for Malabar and was able to add a hillside behind it with white foam covered with plaster cloth:

Will be ordering a new computer -- this one was due for replacement. Hope to be back to normal soon, but my disaster recovery experience is at work!

2 comments:

  1. Been there myself John! Not Malabar but sudden death to my computer. I'm sure that your experience will pay huge dividends as you get your data back. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all get that with our computers. The tunnel portal looks good, I like the date on the top of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete