Sunday, July 15, 2018

Phase II T-Trak Project

I've started Phase II of my T-Trak project. The Phase I configuration was on a piece of plywood mounted on top of an old desk. It consisted of two end cap T-Trak modules and two double-length modules. This is how it looked when I'd had things up and running for a few months.

I've expanded this layout by getting a 30" by 6' folding table. These can be found in the $30-$40 range. While standard T-Trak modules will result in a configuration either too short or too long for a 6' table, Masterpiece Modules, which I use, offers a 1-1/2 length module that will result in a configuration that, in combination with two end caps and a pair of double-length, will fit on a 6' table.

Here are the two 1-1/2 length modules inserted into the previous Phase I layout:

Here is some scenery under way on the left hand end cap:
The move of the Phase I layout onto the folding table frees up the space on the desktop for eventual expansion into a Phase III.
I discovered that typical desks, folding tables, and the like all have a standard height of 29 inches, which makes for potential creative uses with T-Trak modules. The disadvantage is the low height. On the other hand, I think the modularity, expandability, and configurability of T-Trak, as well as its extreme portability, make it a better choice for smaller layouts in apartment-type environments than hollow core doors.

Here is Amtrak 448, the eastbound Boston section of the Lake Shore:

No comments:

Post a Comment