Monday, October 8, 2018

P.C.C.M 50J -- I Catch A D&H Westbound

I had a very bad day trainwatching on the PC Chicago Line west of Selkirk, but once I gave up on the PC and headed southwest, I caught a westbound with some of the cars that had been heading east earlier in the week. Here's the scene at Zenith:
An N&W loco in the middle of a D&H consist wasn't unusual.

I caught an Empire Belt hopper in the train:

And a real find, a Susquehanna boxcar:

Here's the train passing West Zenith:

And entering the tunnel at Rattlesnake Rocks. where we saw the last of UP Extra 53 last week:

3 comments:

  1. To: Zenith Yard
    From: Terminal Yard

    Acknowledge arrival of D&H manifest freight at Zenith.

    Terminal Yard out...

    Nice looking consist and train. Always enjoy getting the tour of your layout. Good looking models and scenery abound. Great to see the E.B.R.R. coal hopper out west. It looks ready for loading to send back east. The per diem on that car's gotta be getting pretty high but I imagine was can call it even since it's been repaired since the last time I saw it. Nice work John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To: Zenith Yard
    From: West Mill

    Acknowledge arrival of D&H manifest freight at Zenith.

    West Mill out...

    Zenith is an attractive location to railfan and a picturesque background for your photos. I enjoyed the D&H N&W consist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking D&H and N&W powered train to Zenith. Agree with Ralph, Zenith makes for a great place to do some train watching!

    ReplyDelete