Sunday, January 8, 2023

Just Plug Lighting Progress

Without really having a plan to do this, I spent the last several weeks adding a lot more Just Plug lighting to my main HO layout and an N scale T-TRAK module.
In the above photo, I added a Just Plug warm white LED to an SLM Public Library kit, on the left, and an SLM Queen Anne apartment building, on the right. I also added Woodland Scenics Light Diffusing Window Film to both buildings. I installed Woodland Scenics traffic lights at the intersection of Hill and Lake, center. There is also a Just Plug lighted pickup truck making the turn onto Lake at the intersection.
In the photo above, I added a Just Plug cool white LED to a Walthers N modern suburban station kit that I had reworked to turn the gable entryway toward the tracks on an N scale T-TRAK module. I added Woodland Scenics Light Diffusing Window Film behind the windows and doors. There's a light leak below the center set of station windows that I need to block off.

Because this is a T-TRAK module with the only power connection via the DCC bus and the Unijoiner connection for, I used an NCE Illuminator under the deck, fed from the track, to power the Just Plug connection instead of a Woodland Scenics Light Hub. You can see how the wiring works below -- the heavy-duty DCC bus wiring is optional and not needed if the module is connected to other powered modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment