Saturday, July 11, 2015

Merchandise Service Boxcars

In response to John R's post on his blog regarding NYC and PRR LCL cars, here are a couple I've done over the years. First, a Train Miniature X29, detailed following an article in the old 1970s Prototype Modeler magazine, with Champ decals in MS2 paint:

A more recent Accurail car, painted in a special edition from Third Rail Graphics. I fiddled with the side sill a little to make it look more like the modernized X29 prototype. This is MS3 paint:

I have an Athearn metal Pacemaker boxcar that I got at a swap and disassembled intending to restore it, but haven't finished the project. Maybe I need to look this over again!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Work John!!! Do you have any prototype information on this Athearn RTR car. The paint scheme is different from the usual Merchandise Service cars.
    http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH70059

    ReplyDelete