Tuesday, October 18, 2016

T-Track Modules 1.0 Getting Close

My order of additional Unitrack and DCC components arrived, and the pieces are coming together. Here is module 1, top and bottom:

I'm using a trick I figured out in my HO layout, which is to glue documentation next to the DCC and other electrical components so I quickly know what I have and how it's wired months or years down the road. Below is module 2, top and bottom:

This is is the one with the depressed deck that will represent a Chicago grade-separated line. The elevated section is white foam. An industrial siding will go at the top center. I've cut out a circular space in the foam to install a Rapido/RailCrew magnetic uncoupler, which will go in as part of next month's work.

I got enough components to be able to move my NCE PowerCab between the HO layout and the T-Track modules. Here's the first power-up, showing the red LED lit on the fascia:

And here's the first loco to move on the layout, showing its headlights lit under DCC:

The next task that will complete the 1.0 phase will be to program the stationary decoders that control the switches and assemble the four starter modules on a temporary surface to get things running and start scenery.

1 comment:

  1. Looking Good John! I wish you posted the attaching of the wiring diagrams to the layout six years ago!

    ReplyDelete