Monday, June 18, 2018

PCCM 48 Pre-Movement

John R said he wants to get PCCM 48 started on June 20. I don't want to jump the gun on anyone, but it'll help my own momentum to do some preliminary work on the pool of specific cars that might be available for us to "exchange" in virtual movements. Here are photos of cars on my roster that I've identified up to recent e-mails that are on my roster and also on the rosters of other participants in the virtual exchanges. Here are the most recent:
BAR 11128 matches a car on John R's layout and will be in the PCCM 48 movement from the LF&NW. It's an Athearn bluebox.
NPM 473 matches a car on Neal M's layout and will be on the PCCM 48 move. It's an Athearn RTR.
WP 26839 matches a car on John R's layout, which he found on eBay to match mine. I've tried to find info on WP bulk sugar cars, but haven't found much. The WP 26000 series was for older cars rebuilt for a specific purpose. Many had hopper style inserts on the interior and roof hatches, but I haven't been able to find out (yet) what shippers used them and what traffic they were in. However, this car will move in PCCM 48. It's an Athearn bluebox.
GN 3630 matches a car on John R's layout and has already been back and forth to the East Coast in PCCM 43. It will move in PCCM 48. It's an Accurail.
LFNW 160 is a Tyco car repainted and lettered with custom decals. I sent a set of these to John R, who duplicated the car. It will move in PCCM 48.

I think we all agree that this is a work in progress, and there will be other ideas on how to work "virtual interchange", and we'll probably discover other cars that duplicate those on other layouts. For that matter, I assume that everyone in the current group who's participating will welcome others who might wish to come into the program.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John, Ready to go on the N.Y.C.T.L!
    Two days and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John B. the A.P.R.R. is ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve got the NP and WP cars to duplicate for the series.

    ReplyDelete