Sunday, September 26, 2021

New Downtown Deco Structures OnThe HO Layout

I'm almost finished with a Downtown Deco Downtown Overlook Hotel and have begun to plant it in its final spot. I added Woodland Scenics light diffusing film to the interior of the kit with an aim to adding Just Plug lighting. The building at right is an Ed Fulasz hydrocal kit, while the station is a Life Like kit of a B&O prototype.
This is the West Zenith station area, which I've decided to expand with a few more structures, including the Bachmann Lackawanna concrete tower that I recently added. I really like the way that the background on the far wall matrches the foreground scene here. The tower has also had light diffusing film added, as will the station. All will get Just Plug lighting. I still need to dirt in the hotel and add sidewalks.
Here's a view looking in the other direction:
As you can see, the whole area is under construction, with new scenery revisions in progress.

By extending the sidewalk on Lake St in Zenith, I gained enough space to insert a Downtown Deco Cooter's Liquor store. This has yet to receive signs and doors. It fits an expended space to the left of of the bank building. Due to the work I've been doing there, the area is dusty, with details, figures, and vehicles removed. Because work is under way, everything is also out of plumb.

The shoe shop and radio shop are a Main Street Heritage Models resin kit. The bank is from DPM. Business signs are from Blair Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment