Sunday, September 5, 2021

Progress On Lake St in Zenith

I was able to dremel and chisel out the hardshell in the knoll at the end of Lake St that would allow me to extend thr trolley-interurban street track a few extra inches into private right of way beyond the end of the street street. At the same time, I was able to dress out the end of the street with the Walthers subway entry and some additional sidewalk. The photo below was taken handheld with automatic settings, because I couldn't get a good angle with my tripod:
By adding about an inch of sidewalk to the length of the street in doing this, I was able to relocate the structures at the end of the street so I could add another, narrow structure. This will likely be a Downtown Deco tavern/liquor store. This photo was also handheld with automatic settings.
Finally, I retrofitted the IHC town house that had been on the corner with Woodland Scenics light diffusing film. This is a big improvement.
Cutting into the hillock has also added enough space to let me add another structure next to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment